IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Saturday, May 19, 2012

Two Yays and a Fail...

Let's start with the fail.

It's funny how sometimes a blog post practically writes itself. When this happened last night, I felt so dumb, yet knew immediately that I had to share it.
It all started like this:

My husband called on his way home from work  to tell me that he was picking up some chicken from El Pollo Loco (Yummy stuff!). THEN he mentioned something about biscuits and sausage gravy... we just had that as my Mother's Day brunch... It's one of our favorites!
I told him that he should just skip the chicken and go to the store for biscuit and gravy fixin's. Good idea, hu? I know. He thought so too.
He came back with the ingredients... and a big box of Eggo Waffles... and bananas and orange juice.. the works.
I made the sausage gravy and biscuits, and we ate. Yum! Then I started on the waffles for dessert. Easy, right?
I mean, come on... You just pop them in the toaster!
Ok... done. My husband wanted bananas and a little cinnamon sprinkled over his. Sounded yummy!
After I made the kids' and his, I made mine.
Waffles...
Butter...
Bananas...
and....


Yeah...
In my defense, see how similar the bottles look?
That's NOT cinnamon.
It's black pepper.
Not cool.
My oldest son tells me to try it. He says it might be one of those things that are really good, but discovered by accident. You know, like chocolate an peanut butter... or chocolate and bacon...
I tell him to try it! He refused, with the reasoning that he doesn't like bananas.
Pffft... fine!
So, I tried it.
It is NOT like chocolate and peanut butter!
Fail!


Now, on to the Yays... (I like this part much better!)

I was tickled pink to learn that 2 of my projects were featured on two really awesome blogs!!!

My Sunflower Sun Hat was featured on Tutus and Tea Parties!

And my Quick Paper Hand Puppets were featured on Crafty Moms Share!

Thank you both!!!

Click the links below to check them out! And while you are there, link up some of your projects and check out some of the other links!


Button
Photobucket


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That reminds me of the time my mom and I were making french toast and instead of cinnamon, we used nutmeg. And it's not like we like a little of it...we pour it on heavy. Not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious!!! I'm so glad it's not just us who do things like that!

    My oldest would probably eat it anyway - some days I'm amazed he still has all his fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, Eddie, luckily most of the pepper landed on the bananas... I just took them off and ate it! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...