IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Monday, May 21, 2012

Newborn Football Hat and Booties Set (free crochet pattern)

I've seen these cute little football hats all over online.
Pinterest... Google images... EVERYWHERE!
There are a variety of sizes and styles and yarns. I decided that instead of going by a pattern, I'd make my own.  Then I decided that I wanted little football booties to go with it, so I tried a couple different things until I got one (well, two) that I liked.


I have moved these patterns to my new site. Please see the Important Note, above this post.
Click the text below, to go to the pattern:

Newborn Football Hat {Free Crochet Pattern}
Newborn Football Booties {Free Crochet Pattern}
Little Crochet Football {Free Crochet Pattern} 

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I know the perfect little man who would love these..or dad would :)Congrats on the Fantabulous Friday feature too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing! makes me wish i had another little baby ... almost ;) awesome you also have provided the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set! Totally pinning it. Thank you for linking up to A Pinteresting Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kirsty and Lauren!
    Hee hee... Kirsty, I feel the same way... Makes me want to have another boy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So So cute I can't even stand it! I might have to dust off my crochet hook and try this one out! Thanks so much for linking up to A Pinteresting Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea, such a simple way to crochet a football hat! Thanks for linking up at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute for little guys! I am pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to crocheting and this was my first project where I actually followed a pattern and not someone on youtube. It was super easy and I actually understood it! I'm so happy that you didn't make me start out with a magic ring because those are confusing to me. I love the hat and booties and it is perfect for my little baby boy during football season. I'm going to make a set in pink and white too for my little baby girl (twins). Thank you so much for letting us use your patterns!

    -Delisa

    theeverett5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I am so glad that you liked the pattern!!!
      I think the pink and white one will be so cute!
      Congrats on your adorable twins (I just peeked at your blog).

      Delete
  9. On round 3 the dc after the chain 3 is confusing. Where does that go? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry it's confusing. I am assuming you mean the hat. ;-)
      After you ch 3, the dc will be in that same stitch that you joined and ch 3 in (please see the note, in red, at the beginning of the pattern for more info).
      I hope that helps! :-)

      Delete
  10. i was wondering if you could tell me how to make the hat a little larger like toddler size

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm so sorry! I don't have this particular hat worked up in a larger size at this time.
      I believe you emailed me. I will continue my answer in a email. Thanks!

      Delete
  11. I am having a hard time with the end of each round I know you said there should be two extra dc but on round 2 I had only one extra, then round 3 I had two extra and at the end of round four I have 3 extra do you know what I could be doing wrong. I have the right amount of stitches at the end of each round so I don't understand. Thank You Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I'm not sure what is going wrong, but if you end up with the same amount of stitches, it shouldn't affect it too much.
      The only thing that comes to mind, is maybe you are crocheting in the beginning ch 3 in one row, or adding an extra stitch at the end?
      You can test this by pulling a small contrasting (color) piece of yarn through your first dc in each row to mark it as the first stitch you work in for the next row. I often do this, and it usually gets me back on track.
      I really hope this helps! If not, please feel free to contact me for further assistance. :-)

      Delete
  12. LOVING IT! Made a set for my new grand angel! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...