IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Monday, May 13, 2013

Facial Headband & Scrubbie {free crochet pattern}

I love crocheting with the cotton craft twine that I got from The Twinery! Remember my Seed Stitch Cuff that I made with it? You can see it here.
Because the twine is 100% cotton, I thought it would be perfect for a facial headband and little scrubbie.
I had bought a headband that I would use when washing my face, but it became stretched out and no longer usable. I knew I wanted to make one, so I picked out a pretty color of the twine and got started on a nice, stretchy headband. When I finished it, I figured I would make a small facial scrubbie to go with it. It even has a little loop, so that you can hang it up and allow it to dry thoroughly.

Facial Headband & Scrubbie
Headband

What You Need:
Size F crochet hook
Cotton twine or thread (I used cotton twine in Marigold)
What You Do:

Ch 20
Row 1: sc in 6th ch from hook, *ch 3, skip 1 ch, sc in next ch*, repeat. Turn.
Row 2: ch 5, sc in first ch3 space. *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 space* repeat. Turn.
Rows 3-56: Repeat row 2.
Join: sl st to the backside of the foundation ch, sl st across working through the ch 3 spaces and the sc, end with a sl st through the last ch. Finish off and weave in ends.


Little Face Scrubbie
What you Need:

Size F crochet hook
Cotton twine or thread (I used cotton twine in Marigold)
What You Do:
Ch 4, join to first ch with slip stitch (sl st) to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch 1, sc 10 inside ring. Join with sl st to first sc.
Round 2: Ch 6, sl st in back loop only (BLO) of same stitch as join. [ch 6, sl st in BLO of next st] repeat around, join to the unworked front loop only (FLO) of the first stitch.
Round 3: [ch 10, sl st in FLO of next st] around. Do not finish off.
Loop: ch 25, sl st in the same as join.
Finish off and weave in ends.


Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...