IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, April 26, 2013

Weekly Crochet Square: Squares 15 & 16

As promised, I am catching up this week! Yay!
I have two really fun and pretty squares for you. One is a solid shell stitch and the other is a star stitch.
I have been overly busy this week and tried really hard to finish both, but I didn't quite get the star stitch square finished. I am posting what I have because you can still get the idea of it, and well... I did promise to get it published.
I hope you like them!



Solid Shell Square
What You Need:

Size J crochet hook
worsted weight yarn

What You Do:
Ch 32
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, [skip 2 ch, 5 dc in the next ch, skip 2 ch, 1 sc in the next ch] repeat across. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 2 dc in first sc, [1 sc in center dc of next shell, 5 dc in next sc] repeat across, 3 dc in last sc. Turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in first dc, [5dc in next sc, 1 sc in center dc of next shell] repeat across, 1 sc in top of turning ch. Turn.
Rows 4-15: repeat rows 2 and 3.
Finish off.


Star Stitch Square
What You Need:
Size K crochet hook
worsted weight yarn

What You Do:
Ch 20
Row 1: Insert hook into the second chain from the hook and pull a loop of yarn through. Pull up loops in the next 3 chains. This will give you 5 loops on the hook. Yarn over and pull through all 5 loops on the hook. Ch 1 to create the "eye" of the star. Now, insert your hook into the eye of the star you just made and pull up a loop. Then insert the hook into the same stitch where you last pulled up a loop for the previous star and pull up another loop. You should now have three loops on the hook. Insert your hook and pull up loops in the next 2 stitches. Now you have 5 loops on the hook as before. Yarn over and pull through all loops, then ch 1 to create the eye.
Repeat this pattern across to the last stitch. Work 1 hdc in the last stitch. Turn. (This gives you half a star. You will work the other half with the next row.)

Row 2: Ch 2. Work 2 hdc stitches in each "eye" across the row. Work one hdc into the top of the ch-3 from the previous row. Turn. (This completes the star)

Row 3:  Ch 3. Pull up a loop through the second and third stitches on the starting ch-3, then skip the stitch at the base of the ch-3 and pull up loops in in the next ch-1 space and in the next dc. Ch 1 to create the "eye" of the star. Now, insert your hook into the eye of the star you just made and pull up a loop. Then insert the hook into the same stitch where you last pulled up a loop for the previous star and pull up another loop. You should now have three loops on the hook. Insert your hook and pull up loops in the next ch-1 space and in the next dc. Now you have 5 loops on the hook as before. Yarn over and pull through all loops, then ch 1 to create the eye.
Repeat this pattern across to the last stitch. Work 1 hdc in the third ch of the ch-4 from the previous row. Turn.


Row 4: Ch 2. Work 2 hdc stitches in each "eye" across the row. Work one hdc into the top of the ch-3 from the previous row. Turn. (This completes the star)

Rows 5-20: Repeat rows 3 and 4. Finish off.

Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...