IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Leftovers Part 2: Beef

***This is an old post moved here from my old blog.***  

    Hi, and welcome to Leftovers- Part 2! In Leftovers-Part 1, we talked about creative ways to use leftover chicken. Today I will be talking about Beef. For these leftover ideas, you can use a variety of cuts of beef. Tri-tip is my favorite, but you can use any variety of roast, or even leftover steak. So, let's ask ourselves:

What Can I Make With Leftover Beef?


  • Make a Stew. Cut the leftovers into bite-sized chunks and make into a stew by mixing it with roasted veggies and beef gravy.
  • Make a Soup. Cut the leftover beef into small pieces and add it to beef broth and cooked veggies.
  • Dress Up Your Ramen Noodles. Slice the beef and heat it, then top cooked ramen noodles with it.
  • Make French Dip Sandwiches. Slice the beef thin and  heat it with some with Au Jus for dipping.
  • Make Cheesesteak Sandwiches. Slice the beef thin and fry it up with some cheese (add onions, mushrooms & bell peppers for a really yummy sandwich).
  • Make Barbecue Beef Sandwiches. Shred or chop the beef and mix with your favorite barbecue sauce. Heat and serve on rolls.
  • Beef and Gravy. Cut up the beef and mix it with brown gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Add steamed or roasted veggies for a complete meal.
  • Tacos and Enchiladas. Shred, season and use the beef for taco or enchilada filling.
  • Make Fajitas. (I did this on Monday!) Sautee up some bell peppers and onions, add some leftover beef, cut into strips and serve with tortillas, cheese and salsa.
  • Make a Casserole or Pot Pie. Combine chunks of beef and Cream of Whatever Soup made with beef broth, and cooked veggies. Cook the mixture in a pie shell or in an oven safe casserole dish topped with mashed potatoes.
 What yummy ideas do you have for using leftover beef?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We have also done steak and eggs, tacos, spicy beef stew, and paleo chili (cubed beef, ground beef, veggies and spice to taste!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...