IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, August 3, 2012

Searching For Super-Mom: Meet Tracie!



Tracie is a mom of two, and a middle years teacher, living in Saskatchewan Canada. She has a very unique family when it comes to caring for her kids, Lexi 5 and Tyson 20mos. Although she is married, she deals with most of the parenting as a single parent, "My husband works on the road and is gone 90% of the time." 


Tracie's favorite family tradition is summer holidays. "As a kid, we went somewhere every summer even when money was tight. It was never anywhere elaborate or exotic, but we did it as a family. Now, we are continuing that with my li'l family. Many summers we go somewhere with my Mom, siblings and their families, other summers we go alone...either way, it's a week devoted to family fun."
Her biggest influence in her life is her parents. "They taught me patience, gratitude, perseverance, and to enjoy every moment of life."

Tracie's daughter, Lexi has a severe mosquito bite allergy to the point of occasional hospitalization and/or IV treatment. Due to this and her quest to find an awesome insect repellent, Tracie has picked up the hobby of selling Watkins Products. Her son, Ty is only 20 months and "has already proven to be a handful with a milk protein allergy and possible asthma".  This helps her to "stay focused on my hobby and using fewer chemicals and more green products around my home."


Here are a couple more questions fro Tracie before we get to the 10 Super-Questions:



What parenting disagreements have you and your partner struggled with? discipline. Although we do have similar parenting styles, sometimes disciplining is difficult from both having been raised so differently. I am more the timeout, to your room, we are going to talk about this when I have had time to calm down time of person. My husband is more the yell, stay in your room until I say so and then never do it again type of guy.


Since you've become a parent, what advice would you give yourself, if you could go back in time (to before you had kids)? enjoy very single moment of solitude! Now that I have children, I rarely get to pee alone!


10 Super-Questions

1. How is your family traditional? How is it untraditional? Traditional in the sense that there are 2 working parents. Untraditional in that my husband works on the road and isnt not home much. 


2. Does your actual parenting style differ from what you thought it would be before you had children? If so, how? Yes. I never ever thought I would be A parent who was at home soooooo much and not sure about leaving my kids with someone! Although I am still fairly easy going, my concern for my children and their well being keeps me close. I never ever thought my kids would stress me out so much! LOL


3. What was the best mothering advice you ever received and who gave it to you? My mother once told me "Take a break". Even if it means leaving a screaming baby in the crib for 5minutes while you sit outside and compose yourself. A good parent needs a few minutes everyday to themselves. 


4. What was the most surprising thing you learned in the first year? How much space a teeny tiny baby can take up! It's ridiculous that something so small can take over an entire house!

5. Has your view of the world changed since you became a parent? If so, how? Definitely. I am much more aware of all the negativity.


6.  What is something that you have learned about yourself since becoming a parent? I have learned that if money wasn't a necessity in life, I would LOVE to be able to be a SAHM...something I NEVER thought I would say!


7. What about your child(ren) reminds you of  yourself? EVERYTHING! My daughter is often compared to me with her energy and excitement.

8.  If you could have any super power, what would it be? I would love to be able to control time....slow it down to enjoy more wonderful moments, speed it up when times are rough.

9. If an alien came from space and asked you what a "mother" is what would you say? A mother is someone who raises children, loves them unconditionally and would give her heart, soul and life to see them happy and healthy. 


10. What annoys you most about other mothers? Mothers who are at the extreme ends of the parenting spectrum. There are the ones who cast their children away at any opportunity to anyone willing to care for them, that lack involvement and compassion in their child's lives. And there are helicopter moms, who hover over their children never letting them make a mistake or learn on their own, the mothers who do anything and everything for their children and deprive their children of any skills of independence.


Thank you so much Tracie! I really enjoyed reading your answers, and I found myself nodding in agreement several times!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...