IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, August 24, 2012

Searching For Super-Mom: Meet Michelle!


Michelle is a Virginia mom to her 14 year old son and her 9 year old daughter. She works outside the home as a medical biller, and she is a Junior Girl Scout Leader.

Michelle has been blogging for about 4 years. Her first blog is about her family life and her second blog is about being a Girl Scout Leader. You can check out her family life blog at Michelle-aka-Mom. You can check out her Girl Scout Leader blog at The Girl Scout Leader in Me.

When I asked Michelle what she thinks the ideal age to have kids is, she said the early thirties. I also asked if she had it to do over again, would she have more or less kids than she has. She said, "Definitely more. I would have had at least one more, but my husband and I were not on the same page with that."

Here are a couple of questions before we get to the 10 Super Questions:

What is your most proud moment as a parent? The day I gave birth to my daughter. (My son is actually my step son. We've been in each other lives since he was 2 1/2). 

What is your favorite family tradition? Our Christmas tree skirt. Each year my kids add their hand print to the skirt and I plan to continue this with grand children and great grand children.

10 Super Questions



1. How is your family traditional? How is it untraditional? We are traditional is the since that we are two parents married, living in the same home raising our children. We are non traditional in the since that my oldest is not my biological child.

2. Does your actual parenting style differ from what you thought it would be before you had children? If so, how? No, not really. I didn't know what I would do or how and I just parent my children in what comes natural. 

3. What was the best mothering advice you ever received and who gave it to you? the phrase "How's that working for you?" I was talking to my aunt one day about a situation and how I was upset and how I handled it etc. and she simply said "and how's that working for you?" It really made me stop and think about it from a different angle. And the answer was...it's not. I have found myself many times since mentally asking myself that question when a situation arises and it helps me rethink my reaction and that affect it has on me and my child or children and I'm able to deal with it better and make better choices.

4. What was the most surprising thing you learned in the first year? that I really enjoyed getting up in the middle of the night to feed my daughter.

5. Has your view of the world changed since you became a parent? If so, how? Yes. I have a better understanding for what is truly important.

6.  What is something that you have learned about yourself since becoming a parent? that I can love another human being unconditionally

7. What about your child(ren) reminds you of  yourself? Oh my, my daughter is a total mini me. Her mannerisms, her actions, her attitude.

8.  If you could have any super power, what would it be? to always be able to tell when my children are telling a lie or telling the truth

9. If an alien came from space and asked you what a "mother" is what would you say? one who loves unconditionally and puts the needs of her children above her own

10. What annoys you most about other mothers? when they push their opinions onto their children and do not allow their children to develop their own and become their own person.

Thank you so much for this interview, Michelle!  I like the mothering advice that you shared. I think it can be applied in a lot of situations.
I enjoyed learning more about you!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Susie for my interview feature! This is so cool to read about myself LOL. I look forward to reading future interviews about other super moms on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the interview, Michelle! I enjoyed writing it up! :-)

      Delete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...