IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Date Night Bracelet

Remember last Friday's post?
I showed y'all a couple of things that I picked up from the store. I planned to make a bracelet.
Well, I finished it!



This is what I started out with.


Everything here cost less than $3 total. It turned out that I only needed one of the embroidery thread thingies, so I have the others tucked away waiting for another project.
I'd never used embroidery thread for crocheting before, and I have a few opinions about it.


First, it is NOT the same as crochet thread. The little strands come apart and it can get difficult at times to keep it all together. I found that pulling the unworked thread tightly as I crocheted helped a lot.
Another thing... if you have to unravel some of your work, the threads split apart a LOT, making it a billion times more difficult to crochet with.
BUT... the colors. Oh the colors!!! There are so many different colors, that I am pretty sure that I will be using it for crocheting again. Who knows, maybe I'll get better at it. Of course, I will just be crocheting very small things with it, as one thingy (can it be called a skein? I am not up to date on my embroidery lingo... I will call it a skein.) is only 8.7 yards. This was enough to make 5 of the small flowers I used for my bracelet. I figure I can get one flower for a hair clip out of one skein. I hope so, anyway.



Here's What I Did:
I made 6 flowers, but my wrists are really small, so I only needed 4.
I attached 2 flowers together, then I attached 2 more together.
I used needle nose jewelry pliers to detach the stone, the clasp, and the little silver embellishments.
I attached 2 embellishments to one side of the stone, then attached that to the flower. I did the same with the other side.
I attached an embellishment between the flowers, and one with each end of the clasp.
That's it. Super-Easy!

Here's How I Made The Flowers:
I used a size 5 crochet hook.
Ch 5, sl st into the first ch to make a ring.
Ch 2, work 10 dc in the ring.
Join with sl st to the top of the ch 2.
[Ch 3, sl st in the next dc] around.
Finish off, leaving a 4 inch tail for attaching them together.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Anything with crochet makes me happy!! You did great! Thanks so much for sharing this at Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Homecky!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...