IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Waffled Cornbread

So, there's this blog... it's written by a woman that I consider a Super-Mom... you should totally check it out. (Click here.)

A while back, I was reading her post about Cornbread Waffles. (Seriously, you have to read it!) Yeah... I was intrigued. I mean, I LOVE cornbread. The thought of making them in a waffle maker instead of baking it for 30+ minutes AND getting virtually all crunchy edges... well, that has stuck in my mind since I read the post.

This past weekend we did a LOT of cleaning and organizing. During this de-clutter frenzy, I unearthed my waffle maker. I was giddy. (No, I'm not ashamed to admit that.)
I just made the cornbread. In fact, I am eating it as I type this. It is soooo yummy!!! I love the crispiness on the edges and the flavor the cheese adds to it. And using cheese as a topping in a waffle maker... Genius!!! (Yeah, Evin is one smart chick!)



Waffling cornbread is sooo easy! I cheated and used a little box of Jiffy cornbread mix. This yielded  three good-sized "waffles".
I used bacon grease  on the waffle maker (as suggested), and I topped it with Monterrey Jack cheese.
I can't wait to try more toppings! I think green chiles & cheese would be awesome. Hmmm... or maybe chorizo! Even plain with honey butter would be yummy! I am definitely going to make these again and play around with different ingredients. I might even try to make some taste like hush puppies! ... mmmm... hush puppies...

Y'all seriously have to try this! Thanks Evin!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...