IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Delusions of Grandeur

(My geek friends will "get" the
Star Wars reference.)
Well, I did it again.
I think I bit off a little more than I can chew.
I don't know why I do this.

I do it all the time. It usually centers around one of the kids' birthdays. I get an idea, and in my brain, it sounds like a really great idea that doesn't take much time at all, and turns out perfectly. In reality... not so much.
I most recently did it when my 7 year old was about to have her birthday in January. I wanted to make her a perfect pretty Neapolitan Birthday Cake. It took hours, and it still didn't turn out as beautiful as I had pictured in my mind. Oh, and did I mention... this was the day before her birthday, and I had only finished half of my present shopping and wrapping?
Yes. Procrastination is definitely my strong point.

I've been on a crocheting kick lately, so  this time, my delusion is in the form of crochet project.... for my almost 5 year old's birthday... in less than a week...
Not to mention the fact that I haven't even started shopping for birthday presents or party favors yet... yeah... I'm a glutton for punishment!

I decided over the weekend that I wanted to crochet a new blanket for her. I chose the colors- they look brighter in person, and look awesome together!

Red Heart Super Saver Solids
Needless to say, this will likely be a slow blogging week for me. *sigh*

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...