IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, March 22, 2013

Weekly Crochet Square: Square 12


Don't you just love the basket weave effect in yarn? I do. In fact, when I was relearning to knit (which I still don't do very well) one of my first projects was a basket weave stitch baby blanket. Not one to be taking on many knitting projects, I set out to find a crochet version of the stitch. Turned out that is isn't as difficult as I thought it would have been.
The stitch is basically made up of double crochet stitches. There is a slight twist to it though. Instead of working the double crochet stitches in the top loops of the previous row's stitches, you work around the post made in the previous row's stitches. It's easier than it sounds. I promise.

 Basket Weave Stitch
 What You Need:
Size K crochet hook
Worsted weight yarn
Getting Started: To work a front post double crochet (fpdc), yarn over, then insert your hook from front to back, between the post of stitch in the previous row, then going around the back of the post, insert the hook from the back to the front. You will now have the post and two loops on the hook. Yarn over, pull through and complete the double crochet.
To work a back post double crochet (bpdc) you do pretty much the same thing, only you insert the hook from the back of the work, to the front, go around the front of the post, and insert the hook back to the back. Now complete your dc.


What You Do:
Ch 28
Row 1:  Dc in the 4th ch from hook, and in each across. Turn. (25)
Row 2: Ch 2, skip the first dc of the previous row, [work fpdc around each of the next 3 posts. Work bpdc around each of the next 3 posts] repeat to end, working a dc in the top of the turning ch of the previous row. Turn. (25)
Row 3: Ch 2, skip the first dc of the previous row, [work bpdc around each of the next 3 posts. Work fpdc around each of the next 3 posts] repeat to end, working a dc in the top of the turning ch of the previous row. Turn. (25)
Row 4: Ch 2, skip the first dc of the previous row, [work fpdc around each of the next 3 posts. Workbpdc around each of the next 3 posts] repeat to end, working a dc in the top of the turning ch of the previous row. Turn. (25)
Rows 5- 20 :  Repeat, alternating rows 3 and 4.
Finish off.
Photobucket

Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...