You just start with your fabric, cut 2 pieces in the right shape, sew the sides together, hem the sleeve area, hem the neck, and run a ribbon through the neck pieces. Voila! Done!
Here's a little look at what I did:
A few tips:
- If you use clear nail polish on the ends of the ribbon, it will not ravel.
- I sewed a line in the center of the neckline with the ribbon in it, so that my daughter can't pull the ribbon out.
- Try various sizes for dresses or even shirts.
- You can add pockets for a cute look.
- You can add lace around the hem for another cute look.
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!