The girls had fun helping to stamp out the treats with a small heart shaped cookie cutter.
So how do they taste?
I tasted them... personally, I thought they were bland. My 8 year old liked them.
But, our opinions aren't the ones that matter here.
They gave their doggie friends the treats, and the word at the fire hydrant is that they are yummy!
Here's how to make them:
What You Need:
2 cups flour plus extra for dusting
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup whole rolled oats
1/3-2/3 cup warm water
1/2 tsp chicken bouillon
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a couple of cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, oats, and chicken bouillon.
- Add the water a little at a time, until you have a dough- not too wet, not too dry.
- Turn the dough on to a floured surface and knead a few times. Roll dough and cut into small squares or stamp out small treats with little cookie cutters.
- Place the treats on the cookie sheet (they can be close, but not touching. They really don't spread.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until done. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!