Last week, I busted out my mini muffin tin. I wanted to try a different kind of muffin, so I searched out a good basic muffin recipe. There were lots of recipes that I read where I liked one thing, but not another. I decided to experiment and take what I liked best from each recipe and come up with my own.
The result was yummy, if I do say so myself! The muffins were just sweet enough and they were nice and moist.
Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
(Makes 24 mini muffins)
What You Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TB white sugar
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line or butter mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix quickly and lightly until combined. Do not beat. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin. Go ahead and fill it to the top.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the tops of the batter.
- Put the muffin tin in the oven and turn the heat down to 400 degrees.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
- Remove and cool until warm.... or eat one hot, like I did... YUM!
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!