What can I say... I LOVE cookies. My kids LOVE cookies. My husband LOVES cookies. I LOVE baking cookies.
So you know how fall and baking kind of go hand in hand?
Yeah... you might see a few cookie recipes here in the following weeks.
I already shared my family's favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies with you earlier this week.
Here is our favorite sugar cookie variety... SNICKERDOODLES!
What You Need:
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
a couple tablespoons of sugar and
a couple teaspoons of ground cinnamon for rolling.
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, mix flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Chill dough, if necessary.
- Combine the additional sugar and the cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is puffed and slightly wet looking.
- Remove and cool completely so that the centers can finish cooking.
- Store tightly covered.
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!