IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Thursday, March 28, 2013

{Lemon} Oreo Balls

Do you remember last week when I revealed the blog I was paired up with for this month's Surprise Recipe Swap (hosted by Jutta from Hungry Little Girl)? If not, you can read about the yummy meatloaf I made HERE. Anyway, there were a few other recipes on Who Needs A Cape that  really wanted to try, too. One of them was Oreo Balls. They looked oh so yummy!
These Oreo Balls are an easy no-bake dessert that are sure to be a hit! They need a little time in the fridge, but other than that, the actual work part doesn't take too terribly long.
I decided to make them with a little twist- LEMON!


Lemon Oreo Balls
What You Need:
1 package Golden Oreos
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
finely grated zest of 2 lemons
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon extract
vanilla chips or candy melts

What You Do:
  1. Put the cookies in a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
  2. Add cream cheese, a couple chunks at a time and process until smooth.
  3. Stir in the zest, juice, and extract.
  4. Refrigerate the "dough" for about an hour, or until it is easier to work with.
  5. Form dough into balls, place them on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet, and pop them back in the fridge for another hour or so.
  6. Carefully melt the chips in a double broiler or in the microwave, then dip each ball. Return to the waxed paper and refrigerate until set.
  7. Store tightly covered in the fridge.
These are really yummy with coffee, as they are SWEET! I found that they tasted even better the next day, after the lemon flavor had more of a chance to soak in.
Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! These sound really decadent. The lemon is perfect for a spring gathering!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...