These Oreo Balls are an easy no-bake dessert that are sure to be a hit! They need a little time in the fridge, but other than that, the actual work part doesn't take too terribly long.
I decided to make them with a little twist- LEMON!
Lemon Oreo Balls
What You Need:
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
finely grated zest of 2 lemons
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon extract
vanilla chips or candy melts
What You Do:
- Put the cookies in a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Add cream cheese, a couple chunks at a time and process until smooth.
- Stir in the zest, juice, and extract.
- Refrigerate the "dough" for about an hour, or until it is easier to work with.
- Form dough into balls, place them on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet, and pop them back in the fridge for another hour or so.
- Carefully melt the chips in a double broiler or in the microwave, then dip each ball. Return to the waxed paper and refrigerate until set.
- Store tightly covered in the fridge.
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!