You know how when you buy bananas, and you put them in the plastic produce bag at the grocery store? Well, some people don't use the bag, but we do.
Anyway... you know how you are supposed to take them out of the bag so that they don't over-ripen too fast? AND... You know how when things are busy and a bit chaotic, and you are sometimes in a hurry to just get the groceries out of the grocery bags and put away... and you forget to take the bananas out of the bag, and they do ripen too fast?
It's okay, though! You now have the perfect excuse to make these yummy muffins!!! See? It all works out! *smile*
These muffins are moist and yummy and full of banana flavor!
Mini Banana Muffins
(makes about 48)
What You Need:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup brown or white sugar (I've used both with good results)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c vegetable oil or melted butter (or a combo of both)
2 cups ripe, mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
1/4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter (or line) mini muffin tins.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, cream the sugar and oil (or butter) together. Add the egg. Stir in the banana.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Fold in nuts, if using.
- Fill mini muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until done.
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!