IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, November 9, 2012

Crochet, Knit, and Sew Your Way to Help Hurricane Sandy Victims

I posted yesterday about Lauren's (from Tutus and Tea Parties) auction to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. You can read that post HERE, if you missed it.

Today I would like to tell you of another way to help the victims of the hurricane.
Sara from My Merry Messy Life, is partnering with Lauren to recruit others to donate warm winter items.
Here’s a little background – Remember A Crafter's Dream Christmas Giveaway that we just had? Well, Sara hosted her part of the giveaway event with Red Heart Yarns. The winner chosen, Susan, happens to be volunteering in New Jersey for the Hurricane Sandy relief and is going to use the yarn in her stitching groups to crochet and knit hats, scarves and blankets to donate to local organizations! She is one heck of a lady, and gets all the credit for setting the ball in motion. Sara realized that she had a unique opportunity as a blogger to make a difference herself by rallying all the talented bloggers and fans she knows to help as well.

As soon as I heard about her efforts, I jumped on board. I will be crocheting some hats and scarves to donate (I will post them, as I finish them).
If you knit, crochet, and/or sew, we would love for you to join us, too! You don't have to be a blogger to participate.

Sara has organized a blog, shop, and fan hop where we all can link up our blogs, shops or projects as a commitment to say we’re going to make items needed the most in the New Jersey and New York City areas and mail them to the address below. What are needed most right now are warm weather items such as - hats, scarves, gloves, socks and blankets. Both the homeless and those who’ve lost their belongings in their homes due to flooding need these items as it has already gotten cold and many only have the clothes on their backs.

Please Mail All Items To:
*If you already have an organization or person that you prefer to send items to, we are still more than happy to have you join in our support “party” and link up below. You do not have to send to this address in order to participate!

The Barrow Mansion
83 Wayne Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302

The Barrow Mansion is a community center where they are collecting items. Sara's giveaway winner, Susan, will be able to use and distribute our donations to the charities and organizations with which she is working.

Here's how you can help:
Bloggers:
Bloggers Facebook group, PLEASE add your link to the Inlinkz party below first,
then Sara will accept you into the group. She's keeping it private since we have to
use our personal Facebook accounts to join the group.

 Shop Owners:

Fans:



Please link your commitment below:



Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...