IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, August 31, 2012

Searching For Super-Mom: Meet Jessica!




Jessica is a WAHM to her 2 1/2 year old little girl.
Jessica has been blogging at Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby for almost 2 years. She blogs mainly about recipes, healthy foods, and her family. One of her favorite family traditions is the annual family summer BBQ on her husband's side, which she shares here. Aside form visiting her blog, you can keep up with Jessica via
Twitter, and Pinterest.

Jessica also hosts a Sweet Saturday link party, which she has invited me to guest host! You can check it out and come link up here.


Here are a few warm-up questions for Jessica, before we get to the 10 Super Questions:

Since you've become a parent, what advice would you give yourself, if you could go back in time (to before you had kids)? use a condom! j/k, my advice would be manage your finances better!


What do you wish you knew before you became a parent? I wish I had obtained more confidence in myself before becoming a parent, because now I feel like I am having to teach myself how to be that way so I can be a better role model for my daughter

What bad habit was hardest to give up when you had kids (or when expecting)? drinking caffeine in coffee and tea form


10 Super Questions

1. How is your family traditional? How is it untraditional? We are a husband and wife with a child and dog- I guess that makes us traditional. We try our best to stick to a schedule and we both work to support our family. We enjoy activities together and live in a home in a nice little neighborhood. We want our child to be healthy, smart and strong. We enjoy spending the holidays with our family and friends. I don't know how we are untraditional...

2. Does your actual parenting style differ from what you thought it would be before you had children? If so, how? I wanted to be strictly organic and eco-friendly and all natural, but I've learned it's not always easy to be that way, so know I just do my best to maintain a healthy balance for my family. I had also hoped to have my child potty trained by now, and that I would be home-schooling (that still might happen, but probably not since I am working now). 

3. What was the best mothering advice you ever received and who gave it to you? I received a message from God to always remember that before everything else that I am in this life, I am a mother and that is the most important thing.

4. What was the most surprising thing you learned in the first year? How connected I was to my child in a seemingly super natural-type of way.

5. Has your view of the world changed since you became a parent? If so, how? I'm way more afraid of things that could endanger me or my child, and I used to be quite wreckless. Now not so much.

6.  What is something that you have learned about yourself since becoming a parent?  I can multi-task better than I ever thought a human being would be able to! I am also way stronger than I ever realized.

7. What about your child(ren) reminds you of  yourself? She's very stubborn and likes to do things her own way, no matter what anyone else wants.

8.  If you could have any super power, what would it be? So hard to choose just one...I think telekinesis Marvel Girl-style since her power seemed to be pretty unlimited. I'd be able to mind-read and lift objects with my mind, and that sounds pretty handy!

9. If an alien came from space and asked you what a "mother" is what would you say? A mother is a being that creates all life on this planet and takes care of it too. A mother is probably the most important thing to be, so you should talk to them instead of the governments.

10. What annoys you most about other mothers? I think everyone gets annoyed when they see a parent treating a child in a way that just doesn't seem right, but I try to remember that I don't know what it's like to be in that person's shoes and not judge anyone.

Thank you Jessica! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better.

Photobucket

2 comments:

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...