Jessica is a WAHM to her 2 1/2 year old little girl.
Jessica has been blogging at Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby for almost 2 years. She blogs mainly about recipes, healthy foods, and her family. One of her favorite family traditions is the annual family summer BBQ on her husband's side, which she shares here. Aside form visiting her blog, you can keep up with Jessica via
Twitter, and Pinterest.
Jessica also hosts a Sweet Saturday link party, which she has invited me to guest host! You can check it out and come link up here.
Here are a few warm-up questions for Jessica, before we get to the 10 Super Questions:
Since you've become a parent, what advice would you give yourself, if you could go back in time (to before you had kids)? use a condom! j/k, my advice would be manage your finances better!
What do you wish you knew before you became a parent? I wish I had obtained more confidence in myself before becoming a parent, because now I feel like I am having to teach myself how to be that way so I can be a better role model for my daughter
What bad habit was hardest to give up when you had kids (or when expecting)? drinking caffeine in coffee and tea form
10 Super Questions
1. How is your family traditional? How is it untraditional? We are a husband and wife with a child and dog- I guess that makes us traditional. We try our best to stick to a schedule and we both work to support our family. We enjoy activities together and live in a home in a nice little neighborhood. We want our child to be healthy, smart and strong. We enjoy spending the holidays with our family and friends. I don't know how we are untraditional...
2. Does your actual parenting style differ from what you thought it would be before you had children? If so, how? I wanted to be strictly organic and eco-friendly and all natural, but I've learned it's not always easy to be that way, so know I just do my best to maintain a healthy balance for my family. I had also hoped to have my child potty trained by now, and that I would be home-schooling (that still might happen, but probably not since I am working now).
3. What was the best mothering advice you ever received and who gave it to you? I received a message from God to always remember that before everything else that I am in this life, I am a mother and that is the most important thing.
5. Has your view of the world changed since you became a parent? If so, how? I'm way more afraid of things that could endanger me or my child, and I used to be quite wreckless. Now not so much.
6. What is something that you have learned about yourself since becoming a parent? I can multi-task better than I ever thought a human being would be able to! I am also way stronger than I ever realized.
7. What about your child(ren) reminds you of yourself? She's very stubborn and likes to do things her own way, no matter what anyone else wants.
10. What annoys you most about other mothers? I think everyone gets annoyed when they see a parent treating a child in a way that just doesn't seem right, but I try to remember that I don't know what it's like to be in that person's shoes and not judge anyone.
Thank you Jessica! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better.