IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, July 6, 2012

Searching For Super-Mom: Meet Lori


Welcome to my first interview in my new series SEARCHING FOR SUPER-MOM!

   I would like to introduce you to an awesome mom!
Lori is a WAHM of two, living in Texas. She is the owner and operator of her home-based business PIPER PIXIES TUTUSCheck it out! She creates some pretty great stuff!


   Lori has a 3 year old daughter and a 1 1/2 year old boy who do their best to keep her on her toes. Her parenting style is "relaxed, but always there". She says, "I do the best I can. I have no schedules, no major rules, but I am constantly guiding them and teaching them."

She has had many proud moments as a mom, but she is most proud when she sees her kids "do something thoughtful for someone or kind".

  Here are a couple of questions to get us warmed up before I share her answers to the 10 Super-Questions:

What do you think is the ideal age to have children? I used to think it was 30, but I had my first child at 29 and joke about how I should have had them when I was much younger because I don't have the energy now.

What bad habit was hardest to give up when you had kids (or when expecting)? Coffee. I love it and when I got pregnant, I gave it up for the first trimester with both and then picked it back up later on in the pregnancy. I had up to 2 cups a day.

Mmmmm... coffee! I'm sure a lot of us can relate to that one!


Now for the 10 Super-Questions!



1. How is your family traditional? How is it nontraditional? We are traditional in that my husband is the head of the family and supports us and I stay at home with the children, we are untraditional in that we are very laid back in raising our children.

2. Does your actual parenting style differ from what you thought it would be before you had children? If so, how? YES!!! I thought I would have everything under control and that I would do everyting perfect....Ha!

3. What was the best mothering advice you ever received and who gave it to you? As long as you love them and take care of them, they'll grow up happy and good. My mother in law actually gives me a lot of advice. She also told me that as long as you provide food for them, they'll eat when they're hungry so don't stress out about it.

4. What was the most surprising thing you learned in the first year? How fast it goes by.

5. Has your view of the world changed since you became a parent? If so, how? Definitely! I think that I have become even more conservative because I'm scared of the world my children will become exposed to. I don't want them to go out into it unprepared for the bad things that are out there. I see things now that I didn't blink an eye at before and think, "oh man!"

6.  What is something that you have learned about yourself since becoming a parent? That I may not be perfect, I may not be the best, but I am a good mom. I'm there for my kids all of the time. I've become more patient and caring. I wasn't sure how I could handle it all, but somehow I do it and that shows me that I'm stronger than I thought.

7. What about your child(ren) reminds you of  yourself? My daughter's personality reminds me of myself. She's funny, girly, sensitive and even a little whiney. My son reminds me of myself in that he looks like a little boy version of myself.

8.  If you could have any super power, what would it be? A never ending supply of energy!!!

9. If an alien came from space and asked you what a "mother" is what would you say? Everything to a child!!! Without being a bit sacrilegious, I heard an amazing saying, "mother is God in the eyes of a child" A mother is the provider of life to a new human, she is the one who nurtures, feeds, cares and loves them unconditionally. A mother is there when a child needs them, whether it is because they're hurt or they see a spider or they need a drink.

10. What annoys you most about other mothers? Some moms make me feel inadequate becaue they're SO perfect!!!! I feel like a mess every time I go out, my house is never just clean and my kids get dirty a lot. How on the Earth do some moms manage to make everything so perfect?


Thank you so much for such honest answers, Lori! I am sure many of us can relate to a lot of them. How about it moms... am I right?
I'd love for you all to share your thoughts and comments below!

Photobucket
If you would like to be interviewed for Searching For Super-Mom, please email me by clicking the "contact me" tab on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...