Howdy!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm no Super-mom, but that doesn't stop me from chasing after that cape! Here, I will share some of the successes (and failures) of my quest. If you like what you see, I invite you to follow along. If you are returning, welcome back! Questions or thoughts? You can email me by clicking on the "contact me" tab on the left, or you can leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

Earning-My-Cape Weekly Crochet Square

TTFN!

I would like to thank everyone who has visited and those who continue to visit my blog. I want to let you all know that I am going to have to take a hiatus from my blog to focus on my family. I guess that's all part of chasing after that cape, right?
I plan to leave the posts and patterns that I have up, and I hope to continue to post an occasional pattern or recipe or homeschooling idea whenever I get the chance.
TTFN,
Susie

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Afghan/Tunisian Stitch Crochet Guitar Strap (free pattern)


My son has one of those First Act kid's guitars.
He needed a strap for it, and I needed to practice my Afghan crochet stitch.
Problem solved.


If you aren't sure how to do the Afghan/Tunisian crochet stitch, you can take a peek at my photo tutorial here.



Afghan/Tunisian Stitch Crochet Guitar Strap:


What You Need:
Crochet hook- I used size H
Worsted weight yarn.

Stitch Abbreviations:
sc= single crochet
ch= chain
yo= yarn over
sts= stitches
sc2tog= single crochet 2 stitches together- insert hook into next sc, pull a loop through, insert hook into next sc, pull a loop through, yo and pull through all loops on hook.

What You Do:
ch 5
Row 1: sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across. Turn. (4)
Row 2: ch 1, sc in each sc across. Turn. (4)
Row 3: ch 1, sc in each sc across. Turn. (4)
Row 4: ch 1, 2 sc in the first sc, sc in the next 2 sc, 2 sc in the last sc. Turn. (6)
Row 5: ch 1, 2 sc in the first sc, sc in the next 4 sc, 2 sc in the last sc. Turn. (8)
Row 6: ch 1, sc in each sc across. Turn. (8)
Row 7 to ???: ch 1, work afghan stitch to desired length. (Afghan Stitch- Insert hook in the first sc, draw up a loop, keeping loop on hook, continue to insert hook in each sc and draw up a loop through the next 7 sts, DO NOT TURN. Work the return- Yo and draw through the first loop on the hook. This loop will drop from the hook. Yo and draw through 2 loops. Continue yo and draw through 2 loops until there is 1 loop left on the hook. DO NOT TURN. Skip the first stitch and insert hook right to left under the first vertical strand of the next stitch of the row below, and draw up a loop. Continue to draw up a lop in this manner for each stitch across. Work the return as above.) Continue to desired length.
Next Row: ch 1 turn. sc across. Turn. (8)
Next Row: ch 1, sc across. Turn. (8)
Next Row: ch 1, sc2tog, sc 4, sc2tog, turn. (6)
Next Row: ch 1, sc2tog, sc 2, sc2tog, turn. (4)
Next Row: ch 1, sc across. Turn. (4)
Next Row: ch 1, sc across. Turn. (4)
Next Row: ch 1, sc across. Turn. (4)
For the loop: ch 1, sc 2, ch 5, sc in next sc, sc. Finish off.
For the other loop: Reattach yarn to the beginning end with a slip stitch. Slip stitch in the 2nd ch, ch 5, slip stitch in the last 2 sc. Finish off.
Weave in ends.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Going to have to make one for my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a pic when you're finished, Lauren!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do! Her birthday is coming up so I'm going to try to make a funky looking one for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds cool! I look forward to seeing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kara! And thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...