Who doesn't love the smell of freshly baked bread? Add the hint of garlic in the mix, and it's even better. These garlic bread sticks are perfect accompaniment to a pasta dinner or a nice soup.
What You Need:
1pkg or 2 1/4 tsp. quick rising yeast
1+1/2 warm water, divided
1 tsp. sugar
3 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
2 TB melted butter
coarse salt for sprinkling
What You Do:
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of water and the sugar. Let sit until frothy.
- Combine the salt, flour, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture. stir well.
- Slowly add the remaining water.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large, oiled bowl and cover loosely. Let rise for about an hour, or until doubled.
- Divide dough into 32 pieces and shape into bread sticks. Place the shaped bread sticks on oiled baking sheets. Cover loosely and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the bread sticks with the melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!