Howdy!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm no Super-mom, but that doesn't stop me from chasing after that cape! Here, I will share some of the successes (and failures) of my quest. If you like what you see, I invite you to follow along. If you are returning, welcome back! Questions or thoughts? You can email me by clicking on the "contact me" tab on the left, or you can leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

Earning-My-Cape Weekly Crochet Square

TTFN!

I would like to thank everyone who has visited and those who continue to visit my blog. I want to let you all know that I am going to have to take a hiatus from my blog to focus on my family. I guess that's all part of chasing after that cape, right?
I plan to leave the posts and patterns that I have up, and I hope to continue to post an occasional pattern or recipe or homeschooling idea whenever I get the chance.
TTFN,
Susie

Monday, January 14, 2013

Fingerless Gloves for Kids {free crochet pattern}

A while back, I posted my pattern for Kids Fingerless Gloves. You can view that pattern HERE. My daughter really liked them, so I wanted to make a pair for one of my other daughters. This time, I made them to go a bit longer on the arms.
She loves them!
I was going to make a flower applique to attach to the back of the hands of the gloves, but my daughter was too anxious to wear them, and "stole" them away before I could do it. Luckily, she let me snap a couple of quick pics!

Fingerless Gloves for Kids
Each glove is made all in one piece. You will start with the cuff, then move on to the wrist, form the hand and thumb, then finish just before the fingers.
What You Need:
Sizes F & G crochet hooks
worsted weight yarn of your choice
Stitch Abbreviations:
Ch= chain
sc= single crochet
hdc= half double crochet
st)s)= stitch(es)
BLO= back loop only
Sl st= slip stitch

What You Do:
(Make 2)
Chain 10.
Row 1: Hdc in 3rd ch from hook, and in each across. Turn. (8)
Row 2-17: Ch 2, hdc in BLO of each stitch across. Turn. (8)
Join- Fold in half and join to the first st of the back side of the foundation ch. Sl st the BLO of the first hdc to the same ch as join. [sl st the BLO of the next st to the next ch] repeat across. Cuff is formed.
Round 1: You will now be working in rounds. Working along the side edge, ch 1, sc 27 evenly around.Join with sl st to first sc.
Rounds 2-7: Ch 2, hdc in same st as join, and in each st around. Join to first hdc with sl st. (27)
Switch to size G hook.
Round 8: Ch 2, hdc 13, 2 hdc in next, hdc 13. Join as before. (28)
Round 9: Ch 2, hdc 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc 2, 2 hdc in next, hdc 12. Join as before. (30)
Round 10: Ch 2, hdc 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc 4, 2 hdc in next, hdc 12. Join as before. (32)
Round 11: Ch 2, hdc 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc 6, 2 hdc in next, hdc 12. Join as before. (34)
Round 12: Ch 2, hdc 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc 8, 2 hdc in next, hdc 12 Join as before. (36)
Round 13: Ch 2, hdc 12, skip the next 12 sts, hdc 12. Join as before. (24)
Rounds 14-16: Ch 2, hdc in each around. Join as before.(24)
Finish off and weave in ends.


Photobucket
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...