I love pumpkin cakes, pies, breads, cookies, latte's, cheesecake, etc.
One of my favorite things about pumpkin is PUMPKIN ROLL! YUM!
The first time I had a pumpkin roll was about 4 or 5 years ago from a shop in Apple Hill. It was sooo good!
I immediately went on the search for a recipe. I tried a couple, but none of them quite measured up. I went out on my own and through trial and error, I did it! My husband even likes it better than the one we bought!
I've made this pumpkin roll several times, every year since!
The one you see pictured, was made a bit smaller by dividing the batter into 2 pans. I served this one, sliced at my husband's, son's, & daughter's birthday bash brunch (yes... they all share a birthday)!
The other one, well... in an effort to ensure good quality control, we ate the night before!
Here's how you make it:
Susie’s Pumpkin Roll
What You Need:
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp lemon juice
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. allspice
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
Powdered sugar for dusting
For the filling:
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 TB. butter, softened
½ tsp. vanilla extract
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour jelly roll pan and line it with waxed paper. Grease and flour waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer for 2 ½ minutes. Add sugars slowly while still beating. Beat for 3 ½ minutes more. Fold in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, salt and baking powder. Fold into batter.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven and remove the cake from the pan. Invert the cake onto a clean towel or paper towels, dusted with powdered sugar. Remove the waxed paper, carefully. Roll cake and towel together into a jelly roll and let cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, blend the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- When cake is completely cool, carefully unroll it and spread with the cream cheese mixture. Roll cake again and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
What is your favorite pumpkin dessert?
Click here to see which super parties I link up to!