You know those yummy, soft, cake mix cookie recipes floating around the internet?
The ones that call for boxed cake mix and oil and eggs?
The ones that turn out soft and cakey-like, yet cookie-ish?
The super- easy ones?
Well, I wanted to make some one day, but I didn't have cake mix.
I could have easily just whipped up a regular ol' batch of yummy chocolate chip cookies, but, I really wanted the cake mix kind.
Here's what I came up with. (They were pretty darned yummy!)
Homemade “Cake Mix” Cookies
What You Need:
1 cup flour
¾ cup sugar
3 TB dry milk powder
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate chips
What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, sugar, dry milk, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil and vanilla until well mixed.
4. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until the mixture is no longer dry. It will still appear somewhat crumbly.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Press mixture into a ball or tube to make it easier to work with.
7. Form 1 to 1 ½ inch balls and place on cookie sheets. You may flatten them slightly, if you wish.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Do not overcook.
9. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets before removing. Cool completely.
10. Try to share. ;-)