***This is an old post moved here from my old blog.***Today for our Leftovers Series, I would like to share with you some of my ideas for yummy uses for leftover ham. I love ham, because it goes great with something for every meal. Ham & eggs at breakfast, ham sandwiches at lunch, and a variety of yummy ham dinners. We sometimes buy a large "loaf" of cooked ham from the deli department, just so that we have some on hand.
Now, let's ask ourselves:
What Can I make With Leftover Ham?
- Flavor up your Potato Soup. Add cubes of ham to your potato soup for a burst of flavor.
- Ham and Grilled Cheese. Add a slice or two of ham to your grilled cheese sandwich.
- Fried Rice. Add some ham to your vegetable fried rice, to make it a complete lunch.
- Scalloped Potatoes. Add chunks of ham to your favorite scalloped potato recipe, top with cheese, and bake, for a delicious casserole meal.
- Ham and Eggs. Fry up some ham alongside your eggs for breakfast.
- More Ham and Eggs. Add cubes of ham to your omelets, fritatas, quiches, and scrambled eggs.
- Pizza Topping. Use ham as a topping for a homemade pizza.
- Breakfast Skillet. Cut up some leftover baked potatoes and cubes of ham. Dice an onion and saute it in oil until tender. Add the potato and ham and some spices of your choice. I like paprika, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Fry everything up together and top with cheese. Serve with salsa or Tabasco sauce, if desired.
- Make a "Stromboli". Use homemade or store-bought bread dough, and roll or press it out into an 8"x12" rectangle. Layer ham and cheese down the middle. Fold up sides and ends and seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet,poke holes in the dough (for the yummy cheese to escape) and bake until golden. Slice and serve warm.
- Make a pot of Beans. Use the ham bone to add awesome flavor to a pot of beans. ***EXTRA TIP*** I like to make extra beans and use those leftovers, as well. You can use them for things like refried beans, use them in soups, make BBQ beans, and use them in chili.