***This is an old post moved here from my old blog.***Hi, and welcome to Leftovers- Part 2! In Leftovers-Part 1, we talked about creative ways to use leftover chicken. Today I will be talking about Beef. For these leftover ideas, you can use a variety of cuts of beef. Tri-tip is my favorite, but you can use any variety of roast, or even leftover steak. So, let's ask ourselves:
What Can I Make With Leftover Beef?
- Make a Stew. Cut the leftovers into bite-sized chunks and make into a stew by mixing it with roasted veggies and beef gravy.
- Make a Soup. Cut the leftover beef into small pieces and add it to beef broth and cooked veggies.
- Dress Up Your Ramen Noodles. Slice the beef and heat it, then top cooked ramen noodles with it.
- Make French Dip Sandwiches. Slice the beef thin and heat it with some with Au Jus for dipping.
- Make Cheesesteak Sandwiches. Slice the beef thin and fry it up with some cheese (add onions, mushrooms & bell peppers for a really yummy sandwich).
- Make Barbecue Beef Sandwiches. Shred or chop the beef and mix with your favorite barbecue sauce. Heat and serve on rolls.
- Beef and Gravy. Cut up the beef and mix it with brown gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Add steamed or roasted veggies for a complete meal.
- Tacos and Enchiladas. Shred, season and use the beef for taco or enchilada filling.
- Make Fajitas. (I did this on Monday!) Sautee up some bell peppers and onions, add some leftover beef, cut into strips and serve with tortillas, cheese and salsa.
- Make a Casserole or Pot Pie. Combine chunks of beef and Cream of Whatever Soup made with beef broth, and cooked veggies. Cook the mixture in a pie shell or in an oven safe casserole dish topped with mashed potatoes.
What yummy ideas do you have for using leftover beef?