IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Monday, August 27, 2012

Microwave Sweet Potato Chips

Yes. You read that right.
Microwave. Sweet Potato. Chips.
They are seriously yummy! And oh, so easy.
I've made microwave potato chips before from this recipe, but I am going through a sweet potato kick, and  I really wanted to try making chips out of them... So I did!

You're going to want to start with a clean microwave. (Try this fast, easy way to clean it.)
Make sure the plate thingy in the microwave is really clean, too... I'll wait...
Ok... are you ready?


Grab your (washed) sweet potato and a mandolin.


Stick the sweet potato on the safety guard. Please do not skip this step. 
If you do, things can get ugly real fast!

Using the "thin" setting blade, slice that tater up!

Nice and pretty, right?
Never mind the orange left on the mandolin. 
It is easily washed off with dish soap and/or baking soda.

Sprinkle the slices with salt & oil up your (clean) microwave plate thingy.
Lay out the slices in a single layer & nuke away!

Enjoy!


Microwave Sweet Potato Chips
What You Need:
A microwave
A mandolin or a sharp knife and some mad knife skills
A sweet potato, washed
Salt (if desired)
A little oil (I used coconut oil)

What You Do:
  1. Slice your sweet potato super thin.
  2. Sprinkle the slices with a little salt.
  3. Lightly grease your microwave plate with the oil.
  4. Spread the sweet potato slices in a single layer, not touching, on the plate.
  5. Microwave for about 4 minutes, turn and microwave 1-4 minutes longer, watching them and removing the ones that are done. Do not let them burn.





Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. My youngest would go crazy for these. He loves anything sweet potato! I've been meaning to purchase a mandolin, I think you just gave me the excuse I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Glad I could help! ;-)
      I love my mandolin & it's just a cheap one from Walmart. It cuts fries, too... you know... in case you need another excuse. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I don't have a microwave, but I could try this in my frying pan. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could also try it in the oven. :-)
      Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, those look yummy! I will have to get a mandolin, I can see that. I LOVE sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super yummy! And yes, a mandolin makes life so much easier! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love sweet potato fries, so I'm sure I will love sweet potato chips! Do the get crispy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They do get crispy! :-) You have to watch them toward the end so that they don't burn, but they get nice and crispy and yummy. :-)

      Delete
  5. The mandolin is my favorite kitchen tool and sweet potatoes are in my top 5 favorite foods! You had the top link at what's clucking this week, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, I love you and your microwave foods! Pure awesomeness! Thank you for sharing at our
    Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! & Thanks for hosting!
      Now, you HAVE to tell me how you linked your text to your party without having to show the whole url! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Sweet Potato Chips are my absolute favorite! Never tried making them in the microwave. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...