Howdy!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm no Super-mom, but that doesn't stop me from chasing after that cape! Here, I will share some of the successes (and failures) of my quest. If you like what you see, I invite you to follow along. If you are returning, welcome back! Questions or thoughts? You can email me by clicking on the "contact me" tab on the left, or you can leave a comment. Thanks for visiting!

Earning-My-Cape Weekly Crochet Square

TTFN!

I would like to thank everyone who has visited and those who continue to visit my blog. I want to let you all know that I am going to have to take a hiatus from my blog to focus on my family. I guess that's all part of chasing after that cape, right?
I plan to leave the posts and patterns that I have up, and I hope to continue to post an occasional pattern or recipe or homeschooling idea whenever I get the chance.
TTFN,
Susie

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Crochet Toddler Skirt (free crochet pattern)


I have been wanting to try to write a crochet skirt pattern for a few months now. I recently got a great deal on some marked down yarn, and I thought it was perfect for the skirt.
I took it home and got to work. To my surprise, the skirt came along nicely and I didn't even need to start over a billion times! While working on it, I even came up with an idea for another skirt. I plan to try it soon and if it works out, I will post it. For now, I will share how I made this one.

*Update: I did a little makeover on this skirt by adding belt loops and a little belt. Click Here to see it and for the belt pattern.

Crochet Toddler Skirt

What You Need:
Size H crochet hook
Yarn of color of your choice (I used Peaches 'n Creme- a little over 2 balls of Denim-color A, and a little bit of Lavender- color B.)

What You Do:
With color A, Ch 10
Row 1: Hdc in second ch from hook, and in each across. Turn. (8)
Rows 2-47: Ch 2, hdc back loop only in each across. Turn. (8)
Join the seam: Bring up the bottom end and match it up to the last row, being careful not to twist it. Join with a slip stitch to the back side of the foundation chain. Slip stitch through the back loop only and the back side of the foundation chain, across. (this "sews" the seam and the band should be completely formed). (8)
Do not finish off.
Turn the work to the side
 so that you are working along the edge. This will be the body of the skirt.
Round 1: Ch 1, sc 48 evenly around the entire band. Join to first sc with slip stitch. (48)
Round 2: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 4 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 5, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (56)
Round 3: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 5 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 6, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (64)
Round 4: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 6 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 7, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (72)
Round 5: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 7 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 8, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (80)
Round 6: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 8 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 9, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (88)
Round 7: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 9 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 10, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (96)
Round 8: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 10 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 11, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (104)
Round 9: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 11 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 12, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (112)
Round 10: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 12 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 13, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (120)
Round 11: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 13 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 14, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (128)
Round 12: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 14 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 15, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (136)
Round 13: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 15 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 16, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (144)
Round 14: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 16 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 17, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (152)
Switch to color B.
Round 15: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 17 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 18, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (160)
Switch back to color A.
Round 16: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 18 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 19, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (168)
Round 17: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 19 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 20, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (176)
Round 18: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 20 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 21, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (184)
Round 19: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 21 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 22, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (192)
Switch to color B.
Round 20: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 22 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 23, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (200)
Switch to color A.
Round 21: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 23 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 24, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (208)
Round 22: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 24 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 25, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (216)
Switch to color B.
Round 23: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 25 sts, 2 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 26, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (224)
Switch to color A.
Round 24: Ch 2, hdc in the same stitch as join, and in the next 4 sts, 26 hdc in the next st. *Hdc 27, 2 hdc in the next st* repeat from *to* around. Join with slip stitch. (232)
Finish off and weave in all ends.
My (reluctant and sleepy) model fits into a size 2T. The skirt is a little roomy for her. I haven't washed it yet, so I don't know if it will shrink up or not. I hope that gives you an idea of the size.

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. If you keep posting awesomely adorable projects like this I'm going to have to learn to Crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! Thanks! You SHOULD learn how!!!! It's so much fun! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh that is so cute, Susie! Great job! And we get to see a pic of your little girl :). Thanks for linking up at Hookin On Hump Day! http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/08/hookin-on-hump-day-10-link-party-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! And thank you for hosting!
      LOL... Yeah, my daughter was not as willing to model as I would have liked her to be. She kept trying to run off. lol

      Delete
  3. This is super cute! Pinned it to my crochet board :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Another thing I am too lazy to do- crochet! But, I want to try! Even my niece is getting into it! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks adorable on your cutie, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! You totally should learn to crochet! It's so much fun! :-)

      Delete
  6. Yay for free patterns! Thanks for sharing this. Pinning it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out cute!! I'm just learning to crochet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shatzi! Once you get past the band (not that it's too difficult) it's smooth sailing... super easy! I think, as a beginner, you can do it! :-)

      Delete
  8. Wow......!Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful skirt,Would love to try something like this.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is so cute!! I may have to try crocheting again! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone tried making this for a larger child? I'm just learning to crochet so I'm not real comfortable with changing patterns. My daughter is 5 but she's tall and skinny. I really want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just tried the skirt on my 5 year old. :-)
      It fit her around the waist just fine (she is thin, too), but it was a bit short. I would suggest making it as is, but lengthening it by continuing the pattern to your desired length. You'll notice, as you are working the pattern, that the number of hdc worked before the 2hdc in the same stitch, increases by one in each row. Just continue adding rows in this manner until it is as long as you would like it.
      I hope that helps!
      If you have any questions, please feel free to click the contact me tab on the left to email me. :-)

      Delete
  11. Just finished it and it looks so darn cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'd love to see a pic! Feel free to share one on my facebook page! :-)

      Delete
  12. WOW love this pattern!! Thanks for sharing and modeling as well
    Can'twait to try it for my great-nieces

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just the type of skirt I was looking for to make as part of an outfit based on one of Rose Tyler's outfits on Doctor Who and then sell on Etsy with your permission....thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marci.
      Please click the contact me tab to your left, and we can discuss your selling this item on etsy.
      Thank you,
      Susie

      Delete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...