IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Friday, July 13, 2012

Searching For Super-Mom: Meet Brittany!




I would like to welcome this week's mom! 
Brittany is a Utah mom with a 14 month old daughter, a student pursuing her bachelors degree, and a new blogger!
Brittany has been blogging at Love, Play, Learn since June 2012. Her blog features children’s activities that are fun and educational. "I believe in learning through play especially at these younger ages." 
This is a belief that Brittany plans on carrying out as her daughter grows. "When my daughter is old enough we want to find a preschool that has an emphasis on play based and hands on learning. When she enters grade school we want to get her into a charter school."

If you have children,  Love, Play, Learn  is a blog you'll want to follow! Brittany has so many great ideas for fun and learning! Be sure to like her Facebook Page and check out her Pinterest, as well.


Here's a little more about Brittany before we gt to the 10 Super-Questions:


What's your parenting style? I would say my parenting style is loving and hands on. I have read all the latest articles and books on what is “best” for children but at the end of the day I do what feels right for us. 

Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you? My parents have had the biggest influence on my life. I have such positive memories of my childhood and my relationship with my parents. They were warm and loving and always made me feel like I could accomplish anything I wanted. They are examples to me as to what a parent should be and how they should treat their children.


10 Super-Questions

1. How is your family traditional? How is it untraditional? We are traditional in the sense that we are married and I stay at home with our daughter. We are untraditional because we are a mixed race family. My husband is Hispanic and I am white. We are also untraditional because we believe very much is co-parenting and not on a particular parent conforming to certain roles. My husband changes diapers, feeds her, bathes her, puts her to bed as often as I do.

2. Does your actual parenting style differ from what you thought it would be before you had children? If so, how? My parenting style is very much what I thought it would be. We had a bit of a struggle getting pregnant and I had a very long time to sit and ponder about what kind of parent I would be. 


3. What was the best mothering advice you ever received and who gave it to you? Cherish and live in the moment because it all goes by too quickly. My mom told me this and it is something that I repeat to first time moms. Little babies don’t keep and they change so quickly that I think it is vital to cherish each and every moment. Leave the dishes till tomorrow if it means an extra snuggle with your baby. Take lots of pictures, so that there will be a reminder of those teeny tiny toes when they are not so teeny tiny anymore.

4. What was the most surprising thing you learned in the first year? How fast time really does go. They grow so quickly, it is hard to believe! 

5. Has your view of the world changed since you became a parent? If so, how? Suddenly your whole world shifts because there is this tiny little person who you instantly love with all your heart and is entirely dependent on you. I think you really learn the meaning of true unselfish unconditional love. I think being a parent makes you a better person.

6.  What is something that you have learned about yourself since becoming a parent? How adaptable I really am. How I can survive and function on hardly any sleep. How even when I am sick, I adapt and care for my daughter.

7. What about your child(ren) reminds you of  yourself? She definitely has an independent streak which I posses as well.

8.  If you could have any super power, what would it be? To be able to be in many places at once, performing many different tasks. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to accomplish all the things I want.

9. If an alien came from space and asked you what a "mother" is what would you say? A mother is a special person who loves and cares for their children. They teach and nurture them and are there for them when they are down. A mother is someone you know you can always turn to when you need them.


10. What annoys you most about other mothers? When they are judgmental of another mother’s way of parenting. I am of the belief that just because someone does something differently than me, it doesn’t make it “wrong” or “bad”, it just happens to be different. We all come from different places with different experiences that make us who we are and we shouldn’t expect everyone to think the way we do. What a boring place the world would be if they did.

Thank you so much, Brittany, for sharing your honest and insightful answers.
I really enjoyed reading them and getting to know you a little better.

Photobucket
If you would like to be interviewed for Searching For Super-Mom, please email me by clicking the "contact me" tab on the left.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these Q&A types of things and getting to know other moms! I REALLY love Brittany's answer to numbers 3 & 10!

    This looks like a fun series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jan! I love her answers too! I am having so much fun with this series!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...