The other night, we did just that.
The boys fixed something on their own.
I cooked up some spaghetti noodles, and I served my 5 and 7 year olds some the way they like it- butter, a dash of garlic salt, and cheese...and a dash of Italian seasoning for the 7 year old.
Then I made a quick and yummy pasta dish for my oldest daughter, my youngest daughter, and myself.
This dish is super easy and very adaptable, but most importantly, it tasted really good!
You can adapt this dish to your liking by adding more veggies, some cooked chicken, and even some fresh basil. Just use whatever you have on hand, if you think it would taste yummy.
My recipe makes 2 generous servings. It can easily be doubled.
Quick and Easy Pasta
What You Need:
1/2 pkg spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TB butter (or Smart Balance Buttery Spread)
1 TB flour
1 cup milk or cream (I used whole milk)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
3/4 cup finely grated Asiago cheese
1 tomato, diced
What You Do:
- In a large pan, saute the garlic in butter on medium-medium high heat, just until it is aromatic. (Be careful not to burn it).
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute while stirring.
- Slowly whisk in the the milk a little at a time. Keep whisking until there are no lumps.
- Turn the heat down a little and cook and stir for a minute or two until it is slightly thickened.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Stir in the pasta, then the tomato.
- Serve hot.