The microwave directions for this:
I've made it so much, though, that I have those directions memorized. It's super easy.
Here's What You Do:
- Get a large, microwave safe bowl. Something that will hold around 6 cups. It might seem too big, but trust me, it's not! Anything smaller will boil over and you will have a mess.
- Add 2 cups of water and the noodles to the bowl.
- Microwave 5 minutes, stir, microwave 5 minutes more.
- Remove from microwave. At this point the water should all be absorbed, so there is no need to drain. If there is still water and the noodles are not tender, pop it in for a couple more minutes.
- Now add the cheese sauce, butter, and milk, according to package directions.
Want to make more than one box at a time?
- You're gonna need a bigger bowl!
- Add 2 cups of water for the first box, and 1 1/2 cups for each additional box.
- Microwave for around 7 minutes, stir, and then again for another 7 or so minutes (longer if necessary).
- Follow the rest of the instructions.
If you want a yummy twist, try this!