That thought kind of ... evolved.
Would you like a peek into my thought process? If so, keep reading.
Once again, I was without a pattern, so I just "winged it".
I had two shades of green yarn, so I decided to use that as the base. Then I got to thinking... Making the Xs and Os would be a little time consuming to figure out on my own, and I didn't want to look up a pattern. Since the base was green, and I knew how to make little flowers... Yeah! That could work! I decided to make the green part the "grass" and the markers would be flowers.
I finished it up, and I was very pleased with the results. My daughter opened it on her Birthday, and she LOVES it!
I did sort of write out a pattern (more like notes on what I did), but it's a little hard to follow. If anyone would like me to type it out, I will. Just leave a comment, and I'll do the best I can.
Here is a sneak peek of the blanket that I finished in 5 days, for my daughter's birthday. I will post a couple more pics and the pattern (hopefully) later this week. (My whole family is battling a really nasty cold, so I plan on taking it easy.)