IMPORTANT NOTE

Hello, and welcome.
I would like to inform you that I AM MOVING.
...well, sort of. I have started a new blog, Oui Crochet, that focuses just on crochet, crochet patterns, and crochet resources. I am in the process of building it up as a one stop shop for all things crochet, and I am very excited about it. I hope you will come over and check out my progress. :)
I will be moving my patterns from this site, to my new site. My idea is to leave this site active, so that you can still access other aspects of this site. I will also leave a modified "introduction" post where each pattern is on this site, as to keep all links active and make it so that you can easily locate the pattern's new home. As an added bonus, you will also find new printable/downloadable versions of my patterns.
I apologize for any inconvenience, but I assure you, this change is a positive one. I look forward to seeing you at Oui Crochet.
Happy Crocheting!


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

1-2-3 Cake found on Pinterest!

When I saw this quick cake idea on Pinterest, I repinned it and immediately made plans to try it.


Then, I went to The Hidden Pantry and followed that blog, because she has a ton of awesome looking recipes (even one for home cured bacon!!!) So check it out!

Now back to the cake.

I used Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix and Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix.

The result was a spongy, light and airy, little cake... like a chocolate Angel Food cake.
I used coffee cups. My coffee cups are really thin, so I only needed 45 seconds. 



I also decided to drop a few chocolate chips into the batter. They sunk to the bottom of the cup, but when inverted into a bowl, they made a nice little "frosting".



While this isn't your typical thick, rich cake, there are a lot of things that I really like about it.
  • Each serving is only about 126 calories (before adding chocolate chips). Yes. I calculated it out. And in case you are wondering, there are about 26 servings... which brings me to my next point...
  • It is economical. I bought both cake mixes for a total of about $3. That's around 11 cents per serving.
  • My kids like it! They also like that they can make it themselves. I like that, too!
  • There are so many flavor possibilities! I don't even know what I want to try next. Carrot cake? Lemon? Strawberry?
  • It stores well, and is nice to have on hand when we want a little treat.
  • It is so quick! Simply measure it out, add water, and nuke. Cake in one minute!

Thank you to The Hidden Pantry for sharing this recipe!


6 comments:

  1. Hi there!! I am thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com blogger and just followed you back. Love your blog and just signed up. Wishing you lots of success and good luck!! Thanks for the good words about 123 cake. It has been a real hit and I have had a blast reading all of the creative and useful comments and suggestions. My best to ya....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on pinterest too!!! YUM! Gotta love nice and easy! Thanks for stopping by Healthy Mommy Healthy Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane! Thank you so much for stopping by and for following!And thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I love love love your cartoon/header, it's so fun and unique! I'm a new BloggyMoms follower from the February Hop and look forward to your future posts!
    Cheers,
    Tess
    www.inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tess! Thanks for stopping by and following!
    And thanks for the compliments on my header! I couldn't do it without my daughter! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers!
Please feel free to leave a comment or share your ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...